they should have a law like that over here to avoid some of these asinine names we have
Sometimes I think the US should be more like this. Some baby names lately have bordered on outright moronic, stupid, and just designed to makes kids lives miserable (not that "Friday" is that weird compared to stuff other kids are being named around here).
http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...vqh=itn_friday
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Court says baby can't be named "Friday"
Last month an appeals court states the "Friday" falls into the category of the "ridiculous or shameful" names that are barred by law as it recalled the native servant in Daniel Defoe's novel...
The judges wrote that that naming somebody "Friday" would bar him from 'serene interpersonal relationships' and would turn the boy into 'the laughing stock of his group'...
</div></div>
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
they should have a law like that over here to avoid some of these asinine names we have
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
My wife has a very original name, there was only one other person in our school that had the same name (spelled different)that I can think of but she got the occassional joke here and there but wasn't turned into the laughing stock of the school. Some of this stuff is stupid. My daughters full name is original and not "normal" as some would say. This generation is filled with names like these so it is not that out of the ordinary. Chances are when my child is in high school names like these will be fairly common.
I have to say that I like newer original names more that I do older ones like my grandmother Gertrude.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got $hit to do!
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Thats a stupid law. If America is so "free", I should have the right to name my kid anything I want. Damn communist country.
Almost as bad as that damn good running back from Buffalo Gap...what was it?
Pickle Knuckles??
at least it wasn't moose knuckles!
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at least it wasn't moose knuckles! </div></div>
haha, that was great
[url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]
Bookmarks